The castle Nauders at the pass of Resia
The sovereign's court at the castle dates back at the beginning of the 13th Century. Then from ca. 14th Century until 1919 the castle was the seat of government agencies such as the District Court.
During the Engadine wars under Duke Siegmund and Emperor Maximilian, the first extension of the castle was completed with external works, roundel, circular towers, and battlements. Owned by the Köllemann family since 1980.
The castle has undergone several renovations since 1960 and is now partly used as a restaurant in the former stables and cellars; and in the upper floors as a museum on the judiciary and traffic on the pass of Resia.